The lovely Pat at White Camellias has started a bit of a Mummy Bloggers craze when she wrote a post with 10 reasons why she rocks being a mum. After some lovely comments she decided to spread the feel good vibes and has started the #rockingmotherhood tag, where bloggers can write 10 reasons why they rock being a mum.
Susie at This is Me Now was very kind to tag me for this a little while ago but I have to admit that it’s a hard one. As mums, we all spend an awful lot of our time beating ourselves up for all the little things we get wrong. The times we don’t manage to feed exactly on time, the times we go on our phones instead of playing 24/7, the times we just want 5 minutes… the list goes on. It’s so much more difficult to think of all the little wins we have and all the tiny things we get right.
So, here are my 10 reasons why I’m rocking motherhood!
- I take time to follow a bedtime routine every single night. Even when I really want to cut corners and catch up on some Z’s.
- I always find time for baby snuggles.
- I do tummy time (nearly) every day despite Baby’s complete indifference.
- I make sure baby is happy, clean and fed without fail… This is a never ending job!
- I never raise my voice or get cross with Baby, even if she’s been crying for hours for no apparent reason.
- I make sure that Baby never wants for anything she needs.
- If Baby is feeling clingy I take her everywhere with me, even if that means I need to poop with an audience.
- I can sooth Baby no matter how upset she is… although sometimes this involves hours of rocking or dancing.
- I always have bottles ready to go when Baby is hungry, no matter the time of day or night (even if I have to get third degree burns taking them out of the steriliser while they’re still hot!)
- I sing “walking in a winter wonderland” and “Wagon Wheel” on repeat for hours during the day because Baby loves it.
Pass it on
That is my 10, now to pass on the fun. I challenge the following bloggers to blog about why they’re #RockingMotherhood.
The Millennial Mom
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind.
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhgood badge from White Camellias blog and add it to your post or sidebar.